We will gladly provide you with a free estimate for your project. The more we know about your business, your online goals, preferences and requirements, the more accurate the estimate will be. To help you give us the necessary information, we have created this ‘interview’ below. You don’t have to fill it all out, in fact you can just write your own description into the comment field at the end.
Consider these questions:
- Tell us about your business? (industry, employees, clients, location, etc.)
- What do you expect from your website? (sales, referrals, reviews, hype, income, etc…)
- Do you have a domain name? If not, do you want one through us?
- Do you have hosting? If not, do you want to use our hosting?
- Do you have/require a domain based e-mail (e.g. firstname.lastname@example.org) ?
- Do you want to sell products via your website? If yes how many products? Price ranges? Shipping?
- How many visitors do you expect?
- Do you need to do future updates yourself? If yes, does this include other people (e.g. employees)?
- Where is your business located and how ‘local’ is your market now?
- Do you expect to expand outside your local market?
- What are the challenges in your business?
- Do you currently pay for advertising? (please state if print or online and how much you spend)
- Do you have a time frame (or a deadline)?
- How many pages will you need? And what might they be? (e.g. home, contact, links, schedule, classes….)
- Do you have a logo? If so, do you have a vector/Illustrator file for it (.ai or .eps format)?
- Do you want a drop-down menu? If so, how many levels and how many options in total?
- How important is search engine optimization and ranking to you?
- Do you have a newsletter? How do you handle your newsletter? If not, do you want to start a newsletter?
- Do you require any dynamic features on your site? (e.g. database integration and/or lookup)
- What is your budget?
- To give us a visual idea of your likes/dislikes, please look around the web and find 3-5 websites that you like. Please let us know, WHAT about them you like, and what you’re not so keen on.
Only answer questions you are comfortable with. But do let us know, if you don’t understand a question. Different people have different knowledge of web-related concepts. The better we understand your website needs the more likely you’ll get a website the way YOU want it.